- February 2015: Fulfilled a special order for a fitted sheath dress in two-tone dupion silk (puce and black).
- November 2014 - January 2015: Took up different needles and knitted jumpers while in semi-hibernation this winter!
- September 2014: Travelled to the wedding in Tuscany where the three bridesmaids looked fabulous in their dresses.
- July 2014: A local customer's order of two "Amelia" frocks was created with care.
- June 2014: Two more beautiful fabric designs found in a shop in the C. De La Bolsa, Madrid to add to the collection. Also 30 original and marvellous postcards
dating from the 60's back to the 30's just had to be bought from the Sunday market in the Plaza Mayor.
- May 2014: A lot of attention was devoted to an order of three bridesmaid's dresses in a stunning fuschia silk.
- April 2014: Enjoyment had working on a new design of frock featuring a tulip skirt, for a new customer. It was particularly rewarding to meet her request
to make it from fabric recycled from her mother's green silk ballgown.
- March 2014: Some great new books arrive in the library: The Anatomy of Fashion by Colin McDowell, Coming Into Fashion A Century of Photography
at Condé Nast by Nathalie Herschdorfer, to add to the classic Fashionista A Century of Style Icons by Simone Werle.
- February 2014: Swooped on a length of delightful dupion white silk with tiny green flowers embroidered on it. Saving it for a special commission.
- January 2014: A frock made for New Year's party fits the occasion delightfully.
- December 2013: Start making a presence on Pinterest here.
- November 2013: Managed to obtain a batch of French fashion magazines dating from the golden years of 1956-1961 filled with fabulous drawings and photographs, giving heaps of inspiration.
Though the ski equipment in the winter issues looks downright dangerous to modern eyes!
- October 2013: Gorgeous pictures of a special frock in white with red dots, made for Amanda Ie and modelled by her in her frocks & other frivolities fashion
- September 2013: Retro style from Frock "Belinda" featured in Summer's Last Hurrah feature of the renowned Retro Chick fashion
- August 2013: Special offer - prices reduced by a generous 33-40%. Four new cotton fabrics to choose from: Byzantine Blue, Cameo Rose Blue, Russian Dolls Dark Blue, Russian Dolls Turquoise
and two new tartan silks: Green, Green-Blue.
- July 2013: Around 20 new fabrics added to the collection bringing the total to more than 60 to choose from.
- May 2013: Good review and pictures from The Frill Seeker fashion blog here.
- April 2013: Shop open for business with the special offer of free post and packing for a limited period only.
- March 2013: Shop thoroughly tested and improvements implemented successfully.
- February 2013: shop installed using the secure and widely-used CS-cart application.
- January 2013: New design of web-site released based on input from reviewers.
- December 2012: Web-site goes live. Many thanks to our business manager and all the other people who helped make it happen! (you know who you are).
- October 2012: Web-site development.
- September 2012: delivery of an order of fabulous tartan silk from Ireland.
If you would like to receive our newsletter then please contact email@example.com or request it through the shop.